Wrestling at this level is based on individual competition, so tournament participation is optional. We encourage wrestlers to compete in tournaments, but some choose to postpone competition until they are confident with their new skills.
Competition & Grouping
All wrestlers are grouped by their age and weight to ensure fairness and safety. Competitors are no more than one year apart in age and are usually within five pounds in weight. Please note that Nor-Cal Inferno wrestlers do NOT diet or "cut weight".
What to Wear
- Team Singlet or Team Compression Shirt and Shorts Uniform
- Team Warm-ups are also encouraged
- Team Uniforms are available for purchase during the sign-up period
- Wrestling shoes (no street shoes)
- Head gear (optional for wrestlers with short hair)
- Wrestlers with hair longer than chin length are required to wear both a cap and head gear to keep their face clear during matches.
Teams: Calaveras, Central Catholic, Ebbetts Pass, Escalon, Hughson, Modesto, Mother Lode, Newman, Oakdale, Pittman, UBOA (Sonora)